Monday, November 13, 2006

Hello, welcome to my first post on my new blog-site. I have created this blog-site because my previous website did work properly anymore and I haven´t been able to fix it yet.

The news is that after 9 months I am leaving Buenos Aires (BsAs)!
For the people who don´t know what happened to me in the last few months (or years) and why I have been in BsAs for so long, you can find a short history at the end of this post.
Now I am packing my bags and I am planning to travel to the south of the Argentina, to Patagonia, etc. Maybe after that there will be some time left for other countries, like Chile and/or Brazil, before I fly back to The Netherlands (Holland) in February 2007. The idea is that I will visit Holland for a while, but will return to South-America to make an overland travel from there all the way up to Canada, followed by a 1 year-long working holiday in this country.
For now, I thank all my friends and people I met in Buenos Aires for the good times we shared.
And maybe we will see each other again one day...
Chau!

The history of my travel and my time in Buenos Aires:
After I lived in South-Africa for 5 months in 1999/2000, I decided I wanted to see more of the world and that I wanted to make some kind of big trip/worldtravel. My former Dutch girlfriend Esther had the same idea, so together we finished our study, worked for a while to gain some money and working experience and then we started our travel at 1 October 2002. Since then we travelled, lived and worked for about 3,5 years in Asia, Australia & New-Zealand. Everything about this travel you can find at our OpReis.tk travel website. We arrived in BsAs at the end of February 2006 with the intention to travel around South-America. However, shortly after we arrived in BsAs our relation ended and Esther returned to Holland. I intended to travel in South-America alone, until I met a very nice girl from BsAs, Mariana, and fell in love with her. We were together for almost 5 months and in that time I have been trying to stay in BsAs to be with her. I learned Spanish, tried to earn some money by working as an English teacher and I was looking for an apartment, etc. Unfortunately this relation didn´t work out in the end and I started thinking about travelling again. But I stayed in BsAs for a few months more, as I was already working, had made friends here and had come to like this city. I also made a short trip to Santiago and had a short love affair there and later back in BsAs I found a new girlfriend, Nora. But in the end the travel bug roared its ugly head and I have decided to finally make a start with my travel around South-America now, the very reason why I came here in the first place. Hopefully this will be just as good as the first part of my travel and my stay here in BsAs!

3 Comments:

Blogger davevandongen said...

Everybody can leave a little comment if they want! Thanks!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jij bent weer lekker bezig

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

groeten van marcel en neville... keep the spirit alive!

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home