Saturday, January 20, 2007

Potosí:
This night I arrived at Potosí (supposibly the highest city in world at 4100 metres!) at 3 am. Unfortunately there weren´t any hostelbeds available, so I spend the night sleeping in my sleeping bag on the floor of the lobby of a cheap hotel...
I got to Potosí after doing the 4 day tour of the South-West of Bolivia, a really adventurous tour, filled with volcanos, lagunas filled with flamencos, salt lakes, unpredictable weather, discomfort (also due to the altitude) and stuck vehicles. But in the end it was a great experience and the beauty of this part of the world is very hard to describe in words and hard to capture in pictures. An experience to never forget!
Now I will look around Potosí for a few days and then I will start my return to BsAs, to be with Nora and my friends over there (and I made a lot of new ones after leaving!) for a few weeks, before my return to the Netherlands. I will keep you informed! Love, Dave

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Test

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Test2

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home